Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Wreath

My friend, Heidi, invited me to come over to make a wreath I had been admiring, that she had done.



I used the Gift Bow Bigz Die to make the flowers.  I had some Wilton cake cardboard that I had bought when I was trying my skills at cake decorating. This I used for the base.  Then I wrapped it with burlap ribbon. Each flower was made by cutting 10 of the smallest ribbon die (paper was 2' x 4 1/4), folding it in half and cutting each petal with scissors. Each petal was glued, with a hot glue gun, to another 1 1/2" circle. There are two rows of 5 petals for each flower. The centers were punched out with the 1 1/2" punch and run through the Decorative Dots embossing folder. I used Night of Navy, Crushed Curry and Early Espresso cardstock.  Love how it looks hanging on the door.

No comments: